VENDOR INFORMATION FOR 2021
Apple Pie Crafts Fair | Booths are SOLD OUT and registration is FULL with a growing waiting list.
**Add yourself to the waiting list at the link below.
Registration opened on Wed. June 2nd for the 2021 Apple Pie Crafts Fair. Booths sold out in record time in less than 48 hours. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please read the guidelines below and then add yourself to the waiting list within Eventbrite. As of 8/2/21, there are 41 vendors on the waiting list.
Add yourself to the waiting list ONLINE at this link.
Apple Pie Crafts Fair 2021
The 47th Annual!
Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 | 9am-3pm | Rain or Shine | Newport Town Common, Newport, NH
The Apple Pie Crafts Fair is an annual event sponsored by the Library Arts Center. Booth fees help to raise much-needed funds for exhibits, classes, and programs.
This iconic Fair features an apple pie contest & sale, live music throughout the day, and food vendors. It is open to both amateur and professional artists and craftspeople and will provide an opportunity to exhibit, market, and demonstrate your work. The Apple Pie Crafts Fair attracts 3000+ people to Newport from a range of surrounding communities. Our 2019 fair was our biggest, most well-attended event to date!
*Please note that the Friends of the Richards Free Library have decided not to hold this year’s Library Festival & Book Sale due to the pandemic.
*While the Library Arts Center has made the determination to move forward with the Fair and begin registration, a final determination will not be made about whether or not we are able to run the Fair until late July. Health and safety guidelines for large events that draw a crowd (such as the Apple Pie Crafts Fair) is evolving. In the event the Library Arts Center (the Fair Organizer) cancels this year’s Fair, FULL refunds will be made to all registered vendors.
**Additional precautions for health and safety are being made in light of the pandemic, and due to increased spacing, less booths are available at the current time. If guidelines change, we may be able to open up additional spaces, and will utilize the waiting list.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR THIS YEAR’S FAIR
- Per current guidelines, booths will have three foot buffers of space between them. If guidelines change, this space may be removed. If guidelines change and the Fair committee chooses to make this change, vendors will be informed.
- Food vendors will be spread out differently to minimize lines and congestion
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be supplied at all major entries to the fair so visitors can use them should they choose to do so
- Vendors are asked to provide hand sanitizer in each booth for use in between transactions.
- Additional port-o-potties, with additional sanitizing/hand washing stations will be available.
- Busiest and slowest typical times of the day will be advertised so visitors can plan to spread out their visit for less busy times if possible to alleviate crowd congestion
- Additional signs will be created and placed around the fair to remind people that while we are thrilled the fair is back, we all have to be careful to keep it safe
The Apple Pie Crafts Fair is proudly presented by the the Library Arts Center Gallery & Studio–a non-profit community arts organization in the heart of downtown Newport, New Hampshire. Proceeds from Fair booth sales & the pie sale benefit the Arts Center’s exhibits & programs.
GUIDELINES & RULES for VENDORS:
* HANDMADE ONLY *
We work hard to keep the Apple Pie Crafts Fair a true “Craft” Fair, therefore, we only feature HANDMADE crafts. No MLMs or non-handmade items.
Items for sale must be:
- 1) HANDMADE
- 2) HANDMADE LOCALLY – We consider “local” to mean made by someone who resides in NH or VT, or someone who has ties to our local region (for instance, someone who lives in Sunapee during the summer, or someone who grew up in Newport, etc.) If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- 3) HANDMADE BY YOU – You may NOT re-sell handmade items that were created by someone else, or handmade items that were created by artisans overseas (such as jewelry, handbags, etc.)
**If your items for sale do not meet all three of the above criteria, then you need not apply.
- If you have a question about our criteria for handmade items, and to see if your items would qualify, please don’t hesitate to call us at 603-863-3040 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NON-PROFITS: Please inquire about booths for non-profit organizations. There is a very small quota for this category, and spaces fill quickly.
- Space fees are non-refundable after August 15, 2021.
- No vendor is accepted for booth space until payment is received in full.
- No booths will be booked on the morning of the fair.
- You will be responsible for providing your own display tables, tent (in case of rain and for shade) and managing your own sales transactions.
- You will be assigned a specific booth space. A map of booth locations will be posted at the bandstand on the common the evening before the fair, and also on our website www.libraryartscenter.org.
- Crafters MUST move their vehicles from around the common after unloading in order to make room for customers to park. NO exceptions will be made.
- Registration confirmation will be made via email. Registration confirmation will be made via email. Application does not guarantee selection. Initial acceptance will be emailed within three weeks of your application.
2021 BOOTH SPACE OPTIONS:
10’x10′ Booth Space on Common Interior – $60
(Smaller Booth/*NO ELECTRIC* available for booths of this size)
15’x15′ Booth Space on the Common Perimeter – $75
(Slightly Larger Booth Space/ *Electric is available upon request.)
Food Vendor Booth – $75
Booth spaces will be determined by Fair Committee / *Electric is available upon request.
*Food vendors will be placed according to the committee’s discretion.