Apple Pie Crafts Fair 2019
Saturday, August 24, 2019 9am-3pm
Newport Town Common * Rain or Shine
In addition to all of the festivities on the Town Common, fairgoers will also enjoy the Richards Library Festival that features an outstanding book sale, cookie walk, crafts for kids, a children’s tent, and lunch on the library porch.
APPLE PIE CONTEST
Do you have an award-winning apple pie recipe? Put it to the test at the favorite Apple Pie Contest! The only rules stipulate that the main ingredient of pies must be apples, and that only the first twelve pies entered will be considered for judging in the contest. Drop off pies at the Library Arts Center from 11am-4pm on Fri. Aug. 23, or on the morning of the Fair from 8am-10pm at the big tent in the middle of the Common. No entry fee. One entry per family, please.
Pies of all kinds are baked by members of the Arts Center community and sold to benefit Arts Center programs. If you would like to donate a pie or two, please drop off at the Library Arts Center on Friday, Aug. 23 from 11am-4pm, or the morning of the Fair from 8-10am at “Pie Headquarters”–the big tent at the Center of the Common. Complimentary pie tins are available at the Library Arts Center.
The Apple Pie Crafts Fair is proudly presented by the the Library Arts Center Gallery & Studio–a non-profit community arts organization in the heart of downtown Newport, New Hampshire. Proceeds from Fair booth sales & the pie sale benefit the Arts Center’s exhibits & programs.
* HANDMADE ONLY *
We work hard to keep the Apple Pie Crafts Fair a true “Craft” Fair, therefore, we only feature HANDMADE crafts.
Items for sale must be:
- 1) HANDMADE
- 2) HANDMADE LOCALLY – We consider “local” to mean made by someone who resides in NH or VT, or someone who has ties to our local region (for instance, someone who lives in Sunapee during the summer, or someone who grew up in Newport, etc.) If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- 3) HANDMADE BY YOU – You may NOT re-sell handmade items that were created by someone else, or handmade items that were created by artisans overseas (such as jewelry, handbags, etc.)
- If your items for sale do not meet all of these criteria, then you need not apply.
- If you have a question about our criteria for handmade items, and to see if your items would qualify, please don’t hesitate to call us at 603-863-3040 or email us at email@example.com.
- Spaces for FOOD VENDORS are currently available.
To be added to our crafter email list, please email your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the line “Please add me to the Apple Pie Vendor Email List!”
AGAIN IN 2019! We are offering several different sizes for booth spaces in 2019. In past fairs, we have only offered the 15’x15′ size, but this year we are also offering a smaller 10’x10′ space for crafters who may not need as much space. Please see the map of the Common to note the distinction. (note: fee is for space only and does not include tables, chairs, etc.)
2019 BOOTH SPACE OPTIONS:
10’x10′ Booth Space on the Common Interior: $55.00
15’x15′ Booth Space on the Common Perimeter: $70.00
Food Vendor Booth: $70.00
*Food vendor booths that require electricity will be placed in a 10x10 booth in the food court at the gazebo end of the Common. The remaining food vendors will be placed according to the committee’s discretion.